Know Your Speed with Hummingbird
Publish Date: 1/8/2018
An accurate, compact and responsive digital speedometer with over speed alert, the Hummingbird GPS Speed Alert is simple to install with no calibration required and available in various mounting options to suit drivers.
The GPS Speed Alert uses satellites to determine three-dimensional speed and heading independently of the vehicle. No calibration is required for the unit to display correct speed in kilometers per hour or miles per hour.
The user can choose between 3 displays to show speed only, speed and heading or speed heading, position and battery voltage.
The unit contains an internal antenna and the only electrical connection required is via a cigarette lighter plug that can be used in 12V or 24V vehicles.
Speed is displayed on a colour screen; the colour changes from green to red as the user-settable speed-threshold is exceeded. A user selectable buzzer can also be enabled to sound as an over-speed warning.
The speed-threshold can be set by the user by pressing the up and down arrows on the keypad. To change the speed unit and to enable and disable the buzzer, the menu key in conjunction with a on-screen menu is used.
The unit is mounted with a flexible windscreen-mount, but can also be attached using any standard camera mount including those available from RAM.
• Speed in km/h, mph or knots
• GPS Speed independent of vehicle
• Can permanently disable position display mode for rallies
• Multi voltage 12/24V and 9-36V input voltage
• Precision of 0.1 km/h
• Internal GPS & GLONASS for highest precision
• Cigarette lighter connection
• Optional buzzer and changes of colour for over speed warning
• Low current draw
• Voltage monitoring of battery
• Multiple mounting options
• User settable speed threshold
Content provided by Hummingbird